The Design Build Process
Designing, building, and creating the rooms you’ve always wanted...in the home you already have.
YOUR HOME REIMAGINED!
Design/Build is an integrated remodeling concept that delivers design and construction services under one contract with a single point of responsibility and accountability. This single point approach provides optimum cost and non-cost value through better project coordination, scheduling, communication and collaboration.
When the project scope and design elements are combined and considered early in the remodeling project, along side of an intimate knowledge of construction costs, the project has the best chance of meeting the homeowner’s project criteria and budget while greatly reducing the likelihood of any project delays.
Design/Build provides the homeowner the opportunity to consider cost in the selection process along with technical, design, management, and other non-cost qualitative factors to maximize the likelihood of project satisfaction.
By using the Design/Build approach the homeowner will have the most complete project scope and budget information on which to base project decisions.
Phases of a Standard Design/Build Project
Phase I - Project Development
- Identify project objectives and budget consistent with lifestyles and needs
- Evaluate existing conditions of home requirement
- Create project scope and budget outline
Phase 2 - Design
- Create schematic design with new floor plans
- Design development: document design elements to include fixtures and finishes
- Construction documents are drafted to include technical specifications
- Sign an initial design agreement
Phase 3 - Build
- Sign a remodeling construction agreement
- Site prep and planning to prepare the home for construction
- Building/construction including demolition through wrap-up and inspections and approvals.
- Wrap-up and decommission: complete "punchlist", remove all construction materials, turn over your new space.
“Thanks to Kevin and the whole team at Pellatt, our kitchen addition turned out great!
The design they came up with was a great use of the available space and it is gorgeous!
We really can’t say enough about how smoothly the whole process went.”
– Jim and Barb, Whitewater
Pellatt Design/Remodeling has the experience, the vision, the team, and the passion to make your remodeling project the the project you deserve...and your home
the one you will love for years to come!
Design It. Build It. Love it.